Welcome to Grand Canyon Railway's travel professional website.
We appreciate your support and are grateful to all of our travel partners.
We remain firm in our commitment to continuously provide you with the service and attention you deserve. Our travel professional website will provide you with helpful tools and resources that will assist you in providing the highest level of service to your clients.
There is no more an enriching Grand Canyon experience than arriving by rail - the original way. The Railway makes it easy for travel professionals to plan for their clients by providing a full-service reservation department, groups department, and packages that combine all the elements necessary for a rewarding Grand Canyon vacation including a stay at the Maswik Lodge North inside the park with the ease of one phone call. Explore multiple options to satisfy what your customers wish to see, the time they would like to invest and the level of service they desire to fulfill their Grand Canyon adventure.
Have questions? Need personalized training? E-mail your request to our sales department and a regional sales manager will be in contact with you shortly. You can also call (928) 773-1976 ext 2256 to speak with our sales administrator. Or you can e-mail us at email@example.com.
Training Available for Download
Click here to download a recorded presentation on the Grand Canyon Railway product.
Order GCR collateral to display in your office. E-mail your request to our sales department to firstname.lastname@example.org and brochures will be sent to your business. You can also call (928) 773-1976 ext 2256.
Travel Agent Benefits
If you're a registered travel agent, you can save 50% off Coach Class train travel and accommodations at the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. We're proud of what we have to offer and want you to have a chance to experience it first-hand - at a great rate. Call 1-800-843-8724 and ask for the FAMTA rate when making reservations.
1. If clients are on a package, where will they receive their train tickets? All of the documents will be given to them upon check in at the hotel in Williams
2. How is the luggage transfer handled?
- From the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel in Williams to South Rim hotels and The Grand-the clients take the luggage down to the lobby and receive a luggage tag with the appropriate hotel name.
- From hotels at the South Rim and from The Grand-luggage is left inside the client’s room and will be transferred back to the GCR Hotel in Williams.
3.Can I have a pet in my room or on the train? Pets of any kind are NOT permitted in the lodges inside Grand Canyon National Park, on the Grand Canyon Railway train, or at the hotel in Williams. Service animals are an exception, but “emotional pets” are not. We offer a very nice Pet Resort in Williams.
4. Can clients travel on two different classes of train service on the train? Yes. It is possible to book, for example, first class northbound and luxury dome southbound.
5. How do clients transfer from the Grand Canyon to The Grand Hotel? Clients will take the free shuttle service provided by the NPS In Service March 1 through September 30. Check times and route at the Shuttle Kiosk. October 1st through Feb 28th, clients may take a taxi at extra cost
6. Can you bring a car seat or stroller on the train? Neither the train nor the motor coaches have seat belts for car seats, but you may bring a stroller on the train and coaches.
7. Are there ADA Accessible Train Cars? Coach & First Class Only
a. Anasazi/Yavapai door width is 29”
b. Budd cars have a vestibule width of 30.25” (coach class)
8. Are there ADA Rooms at the hotels? Yes, upon request and as needed. Please note that there are no elevators at any of the properties in the park.
9. Is there an outlet on the train to recharge a portable oxygen tank? Yes, we need to know this information during the booking process, so the guest can be seated near an outlet if available.
10. Are motorized scooters allowed on the train? Scooters are permitted however depending on the length and width some cannot make it inside the car but can be stored in the vestibule area, therefore guest with large scooters would need to transport to a train seat instead.
11. Motorized scooters cannot be accommodated on the motor coaches at the South Rim. Wheelchairs larger than 30” wide by 48” long cannot be accommodated on the motor coaches. ADA Van available upon request and need.
12. Are all park shuttle buses wheelchair accessible? Shuttle buses are equipped with ramps and space to carry passengers in wheelchairs.
13. Who can I contact if I need to have my web site log in re-set? Contact inside sales at email@example.com
14. When can I expect my commission to be paid? After clients have departed and their folio has been settled. We cannot pay commission on a reservation that is booked and traveled inside 3 business days, nor will commission be paid if clients cancel inside 3 days before arrival.
15. Can clients pay with multiple credit cards? No, GCR only accepts one credit card per booking/confirmation number.
16. Can I pay with multiple credit cards? No, GCR only accepts one credit card per booking/confirmation number.
17. How should I pack for my trip? Dress in layers. Once the sun goes down in the desert the temperature drops fast and it warms up quickly once the sun comes out in the morning. Plan on temperatures 20 to 30 degrees cooler than Phoenix and Las Vegas. You will also want to remember to pack a hat, sunscreen, water bottle, and flashlight if you are staying at the Canyon.
18. How do I get my luggage to the Canyon for my overnight stay? You will receive a packet when you arrive and check into the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. In your packet you will find a luggage tag to place on your luggage to the Canyon. The morning you depart for the Canyon, you will bring your luggage to the lobby of the hotel. There will be several carts and a bell man to guide you. For the trip back to Williams, leave your luggage in your room at the Maswik and your luggage will be transported back to the hotel in Williams. Your luggage will be placed in your room in Williams at the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel.
19. What if I am not staying at the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel; but I am staying at the Maswik at the Canyon. How is my luggage handled? You will receive a luggage tag with your train tickets. Once the tag is on your luggage take it to the lobby of the hotel and place on the cart with the bellman. At the Canyon, leave your luggage in the room and it will be transported back to Williams. You can pick up your luggage from the front desk of the hotel.
20. How many suitcases can I take to the Canyon? You are allowed 1 suitcase per passenger.
21. Is there a weight limit on the suitcase? Yes, your suitcase weight should not exceed 40lbs.
22. Will I have access to my luggage for medications or emergencies? No, if you have medications, snacks, sunscreen, etc…pack them in a separate bag (like a backpack) to bring with you on the train.
23. Can I sell a package without the meals included? Yes, you can build an al a carte a package by calling or by choosing the al a carte option on the agent booking portal.
24. Can I park my RV in your parking lot at the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel/Train Depot? Yes, we have plenty of parking.
25. Do you charge for parking at the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel/Train Depot? No, parking is free.
26. Are there dining options for my overnight at the Canyon? Yes, we have several dining options available and they can be found using this link: http://www.grandcanyonlodges.com/dining/
27. Are there tours available at the Canyon? Yes, some of them require an overnight stay at the Canyon. Use this link to see tour options available:
28. Can I book one of the other lodges besides the Maswik? Yes, it is on availability and you will be responsible for the price difference. Please call Grand Canyon Railway to book alternate lodges at 1-800-843-8724.
29. What are the times that the Cafe, at the hotel, is open to use my meal coupons? Breakfast is from 6:30a to 10:00a and Dinner is from 4:00p to 9p.
30. Can I use my meal coupons at Spenser’s Pub? No. The certificates can only be redeemed at the Cafe.
31. Are wheelchairs available to rent at the Canyon? Yes, they are available at Bright Angel Bicycles for a fee. Bright Angel Bicycles is located at the South Rim Visitor’s